Saturday, December 29, 2007

Journaling Together


Tonight was our first evening of using the “Building Blocks” journals and the time went really well. I want to do this most nights as our quiet time, but I realized afterwards that we did not read any of the Bible. So, next time, we will read from their Beginners Bible, and spend some time praying and filling out our journals.

I found some of their prayers very interesting, so I pass them on to you.

Dear God,

I love you because,

Hannah-Grace – “You make my bad feelings go away.”

Caleb – “You are powerful”

Joshua – “You listen to my prayers.”

I am sorry I,

H-G – “yelled at Caleb.”

C – “hit my brother, Joshua.”

J – “accidentally hurt Isaac.”

Thank you for,

HG – “my ballerina, and my pencils”

C – “daddy, mommy, Granny, Nanna and Pop-pop, and Grandpa Bunny.”

J – “the toys I got for Christmas (R2-D2), and for making the earth.”

My prayer requests are,

HG – “please bring me a prince.”

C – “keep Santa safe, and the reindeer.”

J – “keep everybody in the whole world safe.”


I have learned tonight that my children are going to be teaching me some things about praying. Isaiah 11:6 “The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a very good thing to do with the children, I am glad to see it is working for you.

I especially like the prayers =)

Drew Boswell said...

Thank you Jason, as of 1-3-07 the devotions are a lot of fun and the kids enjoy it. I think what will make it work over the long run is to add some variety. The journal has other sections other what we are doing.

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required