Monday, December 3, 2007

Still Recovering From the Weekend

I know that there are much larger churches, and far busier pastors than I, but this past weekend was very busy. It’s the end of Monday and I am still pretty tired. Friday evening was the Kris Kringle Parade in downtown Frederick. Saturday was Respite, and this event had two additional hours than normal. Sunday we have our normal two services, there were the regular afternoon meetings, and I attended youth Sunday night. You could say, “Drew, that’s why buy you get the big bucks!”


Yes, perhaps, but there were several people from Daybreak who don’t get any compensation for this high level of involvement. They believe in what we are trying to accomplish so much that they are willing to serve at this level of sacrifice and commitment. I know of one person who came from work, served pretty much the whole weekend and then went back to work on Monday. This person’s weekend had to only have been a blur.


I am so blessed and thankful to be a leader of a church where so many people understand that there is more to life than being compensated or getting personal gain from service. Daybreak people understand that there are eternal issues in everything that we do, especially as a church. This past weekend was a time of physical exertion and eternal kingdom growth. Both seem to go hand-in-hand.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required