Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day 07’


Whewwww. . . its’ over. We started the day at the top of the stairs of our home, asking a series of questions (what is Christmas about? “Jesus” – typical pk’s response, -- and what’s the best gift? – “Jesus.”) They know the right answers, and they are showing signs of living those answers out.

Then they ran downstairs, and it started. You know what I’m talking about. The craziness! Christmas day was a whirlwind of wrapping paper and bows. Well, ok not a day, but at least a good 20 minutes.

The day settled down to me opening and assembling various children’s gifts and making sure that no tiny parts went into the trash piles. Why do they have to put those twisty ties on everything?

The boys favorite gift this year was a star wars jedi light saber that cost us around $8 (when will we learn that the best is not always the most expensive?) Hannah-Grace’s favorite gift was a Barbie princess island doll. I have started a tradition (last year) of giving her a dress up outfit, so I found a Barbie princess island dress that was her size. She wore it all day, and we had to fight her to take it off for bed. We also found a Barbie princess island dvd – so she is set. The grandparents went crazy with gifts, but I won’t complain too much. I believe that if I were to ask them, they would say that that’s what grandparents do – especially since we live so far away.

We called and were called by various family members around the country, and over all it was a wonderful day spent together.


Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Christmas day went well! I don't like those twisty ties either!

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required