Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve Service

It’s been awhile since we had a program designed just for our kids at church. But on Christmas Eve we abandoned our traditional candlelight service in lieu of allowing our kids to remind us of the meaning of Christmas. They came dressed in costume, so the Delaplaine was filled with sheep, wise men, Joseph, Mary, baby Jesus, shepherds, singers, and readers. There were also grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, uncles, friends, etc… Sara T. reminded them that they were not there to be cute, but to bring glory to God but telling the Christmas story (and they did a wonderful job!) The funniest event of the night was when Callie T.(who was dressed as an angel) sat in the box/manger and was stuck right there in front of everyone.

The program was filled with a lot of flash photography! I believe that room could have been seen from the moon, because of the flashes (yes I was one of them). It showed me that sometimes we just need a time to celebrate the gift of children and what they teach us about the Lord. Usually we think of how we can show them spiritual truths, but they understand more than we often give them credit for.

The following is a portion of an e-mail that Sara T. sent out to the children and I couldn’t agree more with her comments:

“Hi guys! This is Miss Sara. I just wanted to say that I thought you all did a wonderful job on Monday. You all looked great and sounded great too! And you behaved beautifully! I am so proud of all of your hard work. And I know that on that night, God was looking down on all of you and smiling because of the beautiful worship you gave him and the wonderful blessing you were to everyone who was there. Thank you so much for being a part of our Christmas Eve service!”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was definitely an awesome service and the kids did a wonderful job!

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required