Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Fellowship

This afternoon we had our church’s annual Thanksgiving Fellowship Dinner. We held it at a family restaurant in Thurmont, MD. Some ladies in our church did a wonderful job of decorating, and we even had door prizes. I gave a short devotion from Luke 17:11 ff. we had an “open mike” for testimonies. Caleb (my 5 year old son) wanted to tell everyone that he was thankful for his family. We then watched a slide show and concluded with prayer.

This particular event is always special to me because as the afternoon wears on, at one point I can look over the crowd and see how God has blessed so many people in our church. I know most of their stories and I know how much of a blessing they have been to me.

Also, as we watched the video I was reminded of how many things our church had done over the past year. We, by most standards are a small church, but God has used us to make a huge impact for His kingdom.

God, thank you for my church. Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required