Friday, November 23, 2007

Something's Missing

Joshua lost his first tooth tonight. He came over to me, showed me how his tongue could push the tooth backwards and forwards. So, I asked Hannah-Grace to go and get some tissue. I used the tissue to hold the tooth, and with a gentle tug, out it came. The tooth flew into the air and was lost for about 30 seconds. I was scared that it was still in his mouth, so I told him not to swallow. Caleb found it on the floor, and handed it back to me. It is about the size of a match head. The whole event was very exciting and now Caleb and Hannah-Grace are trying to figure out how to get their teeth out as well.

This is the first tooth of eighty teeth that will come out of my children’s mouths. As I write this, Joshua’s tooth is in a zip-lock bag under his pillow and awaits the Tooth Fairy. He is on the top bunk tonight, by the way. Pray that the TF doesn’t break his neck trying to get the bag. How much should he give Joshua? A dime or quarter seems chintzy, but a dollar or five over the course of time comes out to $80 or $400. Yikes! I think we will start small (how does a piece of candy sound?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. A first tooth is worth at least $5 bucks

Drew Boswell said...

What a great idea! Have different amounts for each tooth. The first tooth, 5$, the send $3, so that by the time they loose all of them they are paying me money!

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required