Monday, November 26, 2007

Bus Stop Evangelists

This morning, miraculously, we were ready to go to the bus stop and school over forty minutes early. I am still not sure how that happened. Our morning routine usually involves hedge hurdles and twenty-five yard dashes to lunge onto the bus at the stop. But not today; today we strolled to the bus stop with all kinds of time to spare. As I stood there basking in the rarity of the moment, Joshua and Caleb began to rummage through their backpacks. They pulled out postcards advertising an event at our church.

On their own they had gotten them off the desk in my office and began to hand them out, inviting their friends to come to the event. They lacked the hesitancy that I usually have to check – they gave them out with a huge smile on their face. It was like they wanted to hand them out (like they “got to”). It reminded me that everything that we do for Christ is because we “get to” not because we have to. It should give us joy to give away the news of what God has done for mankind. They are my little bus stop evangelists, and I pray that their hearts will always be tender toward their friends who don’t know Jesus.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required