Monday, September 29, 2008

Thanksgiving is Coming


This year Thanksgiving will be at our house in Brunswick. So I got to looking around at Cabellas.com (which has all your cooking supplies). And when I found out, I knew I had to get a turkey deep fryer. I have wanted to try cooking a turkey this way for years, but never really had the opportunity – UNTIL NOW.

And who wants to cook a fowl in a heated box. What is needed is a vat of volatile oil, highly compressed propane gas, a wet bird, and a whole lot of potential for danger. In the mean time until Turkey Day (T-Day), I will try some test runs on smaller animals.

That just reminded me, I need to check on my home insurance coverage.

5 comments:

Janet said...

yes...Please check on your insurance...you can call Big
Wayne in SC...he had done a lot
of cooking with this type of cooker.for advice on the turkey..
looking forward to this...

Janet

Anonymous said...

As you know, we're from NC originally. MOST of the folks do Thanksgiving turkey fried up this way. But now we are in MD. So we bake our TURKEYS LIKE THE REST OF THE BIRDS UP HERE! (smile)

Anonymous said...

Smaller animals? As in? I could probably russel up some squirrels or chipmunks.

Drew Boswell said...

I was thinking a chicken or game hen, but I like where you are going with this, . . . go on . . .

Amy said...

We had a community Thanksgiving dinner last year and several people from church brought out their fryers and cooked the turkeys for us. (you see, I moved from MD to NC, the land of deep fried everything!) It was great!

Do I need to have a fried Oreo or Snickers at the Fair next week in your honor?

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required