Saturday, September 27, 2008

One Year of Blogging


I have been blogging for about a year now and it has been an interesting and fun experience. The reason that I began to blog is explained here (see quote from first blog below).

“Here it is -- my first post, blog -whatever. I suppose I should tell you why I
have added something else to my "to do" list by launching a blog. I believe
that God desires for me to teach about His Word, the Bible, and ways that people can apply it to their lives.

So this blog is dedicated to that purpose. I promise that if you come back, you will never see pictures of cats, or stories of how I have a rash (which I don't) or any other trivial subjects. I will attempt, with each new post, to have something that I have learned that I feel will benefit others.

So we begin with purpose -- why have yet another blog? Specifically why should I begin a blog? It is my desire to expand my realm of influence beyond my congregation and to potentially share the truths of the Bible to many others. And I also understand that I have along ways to go before I am one of those super-pastors. So respond back and we can learn together. Welcome to our journey together.” – Sept. 14th 2007

What I have discovered is that as a leader and pastor people know that I teach the Bible and get that already from me on Sunday morning. But what they can’t get from me is who I am as a person. On Sunday mornings and in meetings it is hard to see who I am other than a pastor. So my blog has transitioned from trying to teach people all the time, to just being myself and telling others what’s going on in my family (church and nuclear). If a believer in Christ is seeking to follow Christ and to live an obedient life this is the most powerful teaching anyway.

I have also begun to write on things that may seem trivial (lost teeth, vacations, church events, etc…) and this is really what sharing is all about anyway. God is blessing our family in so many ways, and I want to tell others about it. Another reason is that those great “ah-ha” moments don’t come to me everyday. That’s just not me, I’m not an intellectual (which is a relative term). I’m just an everyday guy who loves God and his family and is trying to figure things out as he goes.

So, friend, I am glad that you check in and read the blog from time to time. Thanks also to those of you who leave a comment every now and then, and let’s see what another year brings. I hope there are no rashes, because that’s just going to be embarrassing!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for the past several months. It's nice to be able to keep up with you guys and "watch" the kids grow. I appreciate the thoughts and lessons you share here.

(I use the Reader app and rarely open this actual page - therefore I don't comment, but I am reading!)

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required