Tuesday, June 24, 2008

M-Fuge Day Two



I won't bother you with how busy the day was, but I would like to pass on a story of a guy I met today. As part of our ministry in the city of Philadelphia, my group went to a nursing home. We visited with the residents , sang some songs, and did a puppet show.

One of the men that I had the privilege of meeting today was John. John has no legs, not even a waste really. He is elderly and lives in facility. He is the type of person who makes the best of where he is. The phrase "bloom where you are planted" completely applies to John. He rides around on a motorized scooter, and had the idea of taking the plants that many would throw away (plants they would get on Easter, Christmas, Mother's Day, etc...) and decided (own his own) to plant a garden in the back of the facility. It is amazing! As I talked with him he pointed out hundreds of various flowers, plants, and shrubs, and could tell me the "scientific" name for all of them. The director of the facility eventually ordered him some four foot by four foot raised boxes to plant these various plants on the patio.

He encouraged and inspired me. Please pray for John today and all the other residents out there who need to know someone loves them.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required