Friday, June 27, 2008

M-Fuge Day Five


Today was our last day of going to sites and official "mission" activity. We went to two senior centers where we played cards, sung some songs (I'll fly away, Amazing Grace, and some silly songs), put puzzles together, and just hung out.

At our last site we met with about fifty seniors. The workers there were Christian ladies who when we began to sing, would sing louder than we did. They clapped and danced with the residents. There was true joy before the Lord as we enjoyed a few hours together.

As we sung Amazing Grace one woman who could barely speak began to stand, lift her hands, smile, and sing (she remembered all the words). As we went through the song she began to weep and one of the workers hugged her and they stood embraced and worshiped the Lord together. The Lord's Spirit was there and I am glad that the Lord allowed me to be there among them.

Tonight at our group devotion time we had one salvation among our group and we prayed for each other. I believe that God brought me just to experience this time of prayer. I was able to tell some of the youth how special they are to me, and was blessed by their prayers for me and my family.

I am looking forward to getting back and preaching on Sunday.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required