Sunday, October 28, 2007

Getting Away


The Boswell family went to Lancaster, PA for the weekend for an annual ministerial get away. We stayed at the Willow Valley resort center and dined on some wonderful food (www.willowvalley.com). We prepped the kids for weeks on how to “act” at a real restaurant. Their closest experiences have been at fine dining establishments like McDonald’s and Famous Dave’s B-B-Q. Willow Valley has linen table clothes, full place settings, water goblets, etc.. and you can get as many Alaskan King Crab legs, cut beef, home made pastries, etc… as you can eat. One of my favorites of the food, were the omelets made to order as you wait (I got one with everything). The kids did great.

The conference center also has multiple indoor pools. My children loved a giant frog that you slide down its’ tongue. We swam for hours!

Just between you and me, one of my favorite things in life is to give my children gifts. I love the way their faces light up. I love how their minds begin to imagine. I love playing with them with the gifts. So I gave Joshua and Caleb a Transformer toy a piece, and I gave Hannah-Grace a ballerina Barbie.

To be honest, I just simply needed some time away. I thank God that He loves me and provides wonderful things like this weekend simply because he loves to bring joy to His children. One of things that I have learned about having kids, is that they have taught me about God’s relationship as a Father to His Children. I love my children, but how much greater is His love for me. I enjoy giving my children gifts, and He enjoys giving gifts to His children. He knew I needed to get away, to spend some intense time with my family, and so He provided this wonderful weekend.

Matthew 7:9-12 “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

So, I thank you Father for your special gift.

2 comments:

spontaneous7 said...

Was not sure where you and your family were last Sunday as we were on travel the previous Sunday. I was thinking about you and family and hoping that all so well. So glad to hear that you had some quality family time away. You most certainly deserved it!!! Looking foward to seeing you this coming Sunday, God willing.

Love Ya Brother,
One of His adopted children,
Mark

Drew Boswell said...

thanks Mark!

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required