Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Building More Than A Wheelchair Ramp

Below is an e-mail that I received from a leader in our church. I pass it on to you in it's entirety to read because I think it shows why we show God's love through service.

Hi Drew,

I got a call today from Bruce Gurley, the case worker from the ARC who referred the Little family to us. He was very appreciative of us doing the ramp for Eddie, and stated that Eddie was ecstatic with the ramp.

Mark and Stephan went out tonight and finished with the concrete work at the end of the ramp, so we should be done now. I wasn't sure if you saw the thank you letter from the Littles - below is what they said:

Dear Kim and your entire Daybreak Crew,

Thank you so much for giving up your time to spend the day at our house building me a new ramp. Although Dad tried very hard to accommodate me, he usually did things by cutting too many corners. I never felt safe using the ramp I had.

The ramp built for me today, by the very special "Daybreak Crew" is absolutely beautiful and I will feel very safe using it. I never dreamed I would ever have a ramp looking this nice. I am very grateful for all your hard work and I will be proud to tell everyone who built my new ramp.

I know this isn't much, but please accept these candles as my way of saying thank you for all your hard work and a job well done. I hope you enjoy them.

Ed Little


As a matter of fact, the Littles told me a story of how, at one point in the past, Ed had fallen off the top of the concrete ramp and ended up strapped upside down with his power chair on top of him. That must have been a scary moment - those power chairs are incredibly heavy.

Kim

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required