Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kayak Adventure in Port St. Joe FL




To tell you the truth I was a little nervous taking my crew of six (the youngest is two) and my mother on a kayak adventure in the Port St. Joe bay. But the nervousness subsided when we found out that the water was not very deep (several times throughout the four hour tour we walked in knee deep water). Isaac, the two year old, whined to be in his mother's boat and once he was there slept for over an hour in her lap. We saw all kinds of sea creatures (snails, horseshoe crab, left handed something,small fish, etc...) and we stopped all along the way to investigate and learn (and rest our arms!). The week had been extremely hot, but today it seemed to cool off, and when we did get hot we just took a dip in the water. The boys (Joshua and Caleb) were on the look out for sunken pirate ships and gold, but alas we didn't find a single "shiver me timbers" clue. My mom was a trooper and I was amazed that she had the arm power to move her boat all along the bay -- even getting away from our group from time to time for her own adventure seeking. We all had fun and I would suggest it to any family as a way to have a nice break from the beach and have the kids discover a neat part of nature.

www.happyourskayak.com

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required