Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hannah-Grace to the Emergency Room


Hannah-Grace was introduced to the Frederick County Emergency Room the other night. All the children were going up to bed, and somehow going up the stairs H-G hurt her arm. My theory is that as she hung from my back jeans pockets she incurred a mild nursemaid’s elbow sprain.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/pediatricfractures/a/nursemaid.htm

She immediately complained of pain in her arm, but I could not imagine from what. She didn’t fall, and her brothers were no where around. But, she wouldn’t let me touch her arm, and all she wanted to do was lay down and go to sleep – she even wanted me to close her door (which is unusual). I waited for her to go to sleep and went into her room to look at the arm. Even asleep she was holding it and grimaced when I moved it.

So I told Kimberly what was going on, I carried her to the van and into the emergency room. We were blessed in that on a Monday night they were not very busy and we were in a room in about twenty minutes. She was very brave and after the nurse gave her some Motrin/Tylenol she began to be able to move it. They took x-rays and after about three hours she was given the “all clear.”

In between doctors, nurses, and a trip to x-ray H-G and I prayed that her arm would get better and to be honest I had actually forgotten that we did. But by the end of the night H-G bent her arm and said, “Look daddy, Jesus made my arm better!” And I said, “Yes He did, H-G, yes He did.”

It’s been about a week now and the arm is as good as new. Oh, the cast is just for looks! She really didn't need it, but the nurse thought it would help.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required