Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Ready for The Great Outdoors

Tomorrow I will begin the second half of a leadership training course offered by the Boy Scouts of America called the Wood badge. This portion is predominately outdoors, where we cook all our food, eat, and live outdoors for three days. When I signed up for this in July it seems like an awesome idea. But now it is the middle of October in Maryland, and the weather is calling for rain and cold weather. I have been battling a head cold for over a week, but have lots of medicine. So I have everything packed in water resistant bags, I purchased a backpacking tarp, along with some waterproof pants, and am looking forward to seeing how it goes. Last month when I went for the first half, my camera died after three pictures, so this time I am hoping to get a lot more pictures to share. Kimberly (my wife) can not understand why anyone would want to do this -- I just keep telling her "it for the children." No not really, I have just found a hobby. Check back in a few days and I'll (prayerfully) post some pictures.

1 comments:

Stacy Allgood-Smith said...

Have fun with that. :-)

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required