Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gingerbread Visiting BES



It's funny how things work out. Once a year all the pre-K classes in Frederick County read and enjoy the "Gingerbread Man" as part of their studies. At Brunswick Elem. for over 19 years H-G's teaching assistant has hidden a gingerbread doll and they go on a scavenger hunt to find him. They go all over the school following clues and finally find him their classroom -- except this year they found me in a giant Gingerbread Suit.

The kid's expressions as they entered the room were priceless. They didn't know what to do (laugh, run, hug me, hide, etc...) They wanted me to read the Gingerbread Man story, but you couldn't hear me very well from within the suit. So Kimberly read the book and I acted it out as best I could.

If you ever get a chance to dress up in a giant suit and go to your kids class -- do it. The funny thing is that H-G didn't know who it was in the suit, or was she acting? I'm still not sure either way.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required