Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Goldie Doll

A few weeks back I ordered a doll kit from www.Doorposts.com and when I received it, I knew that I would not be able to put it together. It was all in little pieces, and let’s face it, I am no seamstress. I asked a lady in our church to put it together and today I got it back. It looks awesome! She did an amazing job on it. It looks professionally done – I really mean it.

The doll is a normal looking doll with normal hair, beautiful dress, etc… but when you pull the dress up there is another doll on the bottom. The other doll is a pig with a raggedy torn dress. I am looking forward to teaching my children (especially Hannah-Grace) about the true meaning of beauty. The kit also came with a book, “Beauty and the Pig.”

I am planning to take about a week to read through the material and begin using the doll with the book to start teaching my children. I’ll let you know how it goes.

The Bible verse that is the focal verse is Proverbs 11:22 "As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion."

It is such a blessing to have a church family that can help me with stuff like making this doll. It was such a blessing to me for her to make this for us.

1 comments:

Denise Portis said...

Oh! Do we have a seamstress at Daybreak? We need a dress altered...

Denise Portis

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required