Thursday, March 20, 2008

Car Trouble Today

On rainy nights like this one I have a tendency to sit in my office, stare out my office window, and reflect. Tonight before I called it a day, I did just that, and my reflections tended toward my uncle, back home, and my early driving years. There were at least a half dozen times when I was an early driver that I found myself beside a rode somewhere with some kind of automotive difficulty. This never caused alarm for me, because I knew if I could get to a phone, I could call my uncle and he would drop whatever he was doing, whenever to come and help me. One time he even happened to be driving by when I had broken down. There is a sense of peace to have family that will stop whatever they are doing to help you when you need them. So thanks Bruce. You don’t really appreciate that until it’s not there anymore.

Today, Kimberly took my car into Frederick and left me with the urban assault vehicle (i.e. mini-van). She called me this morning and asked, “is it ok that your car is smoking?” No, smoke does not always billow from the hood. I met her in Frederick and drove it directly to the mechanic shop and she drove the van home. Now, as I was praying that the car would make it to the shop, the thought went through my head, “how am I going to get home?” Through the engine's knocking, blaring lights from the dash board, and dense smoke cloud, I made a phone call.

I still have a family; it may not be biological but it is just as strong. I knew of a Daybreak church family that lived close by that would loan me a truck. They dropped what they were doing, came and got me at the shop and took me to their home and loaned me their car. It is a great feeling to know that my church family will help me and my family in this way. It probably is not a big deal for them to do this, but for me it was huge. So thank you; they know who they are.

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required