Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cub Scout "Go See It"




Today was our Tiger Scouts first "Go See It" -- this is where the boys get to experience something and experience something new. We went to Daybreak's Respite ministry held at Grace Community Church in Adamstown, MD. The boys did a great job helping where they could. They pushed kids in wheelchairs, swept up hair, and served lunch. They served for about an hour and afterwards had some pizza and hung out. There was a video game room where most of the guys stayed.

We had a member of our church coordinate letting us borrow several new video game programs (playstation, x-box, etc..) -- if I had more time I would have been all over that.

So at the end of the day I believe it was good to get them exposed to kids who may be a little different than they are, to serve the community, and to have a great time. Way to go Tiger Cubs!

0 comments:

Gospel Magic

Gospel Magic
how did he do that?

About Me

My photo
I am the father of four wonderful children and the husband of the best woman on the planet. I am pastor at Daybreak Community Church, check us out at www.daybreak-church.com. I also have a web site at www.drewboswell.com.

Connect With Drew

http://www.drewboswell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/twitter.png

Aren't Getting Our Newsletter?

join our mailing list
* indicates required